Stamp Duty is a tax you might have to pay if you buy a residential property or a piece of land in England and Northern Ireland. If you’re buying your main property after 23rd September 2022, and have previously owned a property, you will not have to pay Stamp Duty on properties costing up to £250,000 (or £425,000 if you are a first-time buyer)
Properties costing more than £250,000 will pay the Stamp Duty rate based on the value of the property over £250,000. If you’re buying a second home, you’ll still pay Stamp Duty on your property, which will be an extra 3% of the standard rates.
This tax applies to both freehold and leasehold properties – whether you’re buying outright or with a mortgage. If you’re buying a property in Scotland, you will pay Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) and in Wales Land Transaction Tax (LTT) instead of Stamp Duty.
*Stamp Duty Calculator
Why Choose Us?
- Flexible appointments to suit your schedule
- We have been in business since 1987
- Completely impartial advice as we offer an unrestricted range of first charge mortgages.
- We have helped 1000's of people just like you.
- 5 Star Rated - Read Reviews
- Experts with the lending criteria for all of the major lenders, we lookout for problems and potential setbacks on your behalf and increase your chances of having a successful mortgage application.